Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Easter!

Easter was a blast this year! I was worried about it because it was my first year away from home while celebrating a major holiday, but I am really lucky that my sister is around! She took good care of me!
But seriously now..... We had a blast together!! I love her to pieces and am so grateful that she is a part of my life! To start off the weekend, we rounded up some eggs, because what is Easter without boiled eggs?? We got the coolest dye this year!!! It made the eggs all pretty and blotchy!
The eggs are pretty tight and awesome. We had a really fun time painting them. Makayla and I also made baskets for each other! They were pretty sweet and filled with deliciousness. We also made one for Jordan, because we love him too and didn't want him to feel left out at all ;). 

Mine is the delicious-looking milk chocolate one. Yum! This candy is still going to last me for a while... like at least another week! :P We even hid each other's baskets around the house like the Easter bunny used to do for us when we lived back home. Easter has always been a really special holiday to me. We have always celebrated the candy part of Easter separate from the true purpose of Easter; the Savior. We celebrate Bunny Day on Saturday, and that is when we do egg hunts and candy and all that jazz, and the sabbath is reserved for the Lord. It really helps me focus on Christ and all that He has been willing to give and sacrifice for me. I love him and all he does for me!
All in all, Easter was really fun and I loved it! I am grateful for the proximity of my sister to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment